frequently asked questions
The Solo-Step Safety Overhead System cannot be installed in a private residence. To find a physical therapy location with a Solo-Step system near you, click here.
The Solo-Step® System provides support to a patient in order to lessen weight bearing stress.
- Simple – no electrical/mechanical components to wear out
- Fully customizable to fit any facility
- The Solo-Step® System offers multi-directional movement, while many other systems only allow a single plane of movement, typically a forward direction. The Solo-Step® System eliminates bulky equipment, which allows natural movement and quicker advancement through therapy.
- Floor space is valuable and limited. When not in use the Solo-Step®System takes up no room and frees up valuable floor space.
- Can be used in conjunction with several type of Therapy/Rehab/Fitness products, like: Parallel Bars, Treadmills, Elliptical Machines, to name a few…
- Solo-Step® has experienced installers for track installation. Only under special circumstances may you chose your own installer.
- Installation schematics are provided
- Can be mounted in any type of ceiling
- Can be used with drop/tile ceiling (is mounted to framework above tiles)
- Can be mounted into Concrete, Steel Joist & Wood Beams
- Solo-Step,® Inc. has engineers & architects available to assist with questions and customized installations
- Solo-Step,® Inc. can provide installation to most areas in the US. Please call Solo-Step,® Inc to schedule a time for an installation quote.
Facilities can elect to install the system themselves as they may have in-house professionals on staff to handle their installation. If a facility can not install the Solo-Step® System into their ceiling, the new portable system can provide the same benefits.
The Solo-Step® System is customizable to meet each facilities needs and has unlimited combinations of track systems. The following will determine which system is appropriate for a facility:
- Space available
- Types of patients treated
- Facility’s Budget
- Solo-Step,® Inc. has created basic packages but will provide a custom quote for a facility depending on the number of systems, length of track and configuration.
Yes. Contact one of our Solo-Step® representatives to find out how to start the application process.
The following download; solo-step-quick-reference-guide is a brief manual on how to use and maintain your Solo-Step® system.
Professional testing has been conducted on the Solo-Step® System, showing the system can safely treat patients up to 500 lbs.
Solo-Step,® Inc. has systems located throughout the United States and internationally. View a map of facilities who are currently utilizing the Solo-Step System. Please call Solo-Step,® Inc to find a nearby facility utilizing the Solo-Step® system.
Request a free information packet to learn more about the Solo-Step to see if it would be a good fit for your facility
or feel free to give us a call to speak with a product specialist!
We will be able to answer all of your questions and provide additional resources if needed.