Which Overhead Track Layout is Best for your Facility?
You may be looking to upgrade your facility by adding a safety overhead system to protect your patients and staff from falls and injuries. Solo-Step offers a variety of aluminum track sizes, curved or straight, allowing you to customize your track layout depending on your specific facility space! Straight and curved tracks can be combined to create many different shapes and lengths to pair perfectly with your facility space. Solo-Step offers:
Straight Track Sections:
- 3’ Long
- 4’6” Long
- 7’6” Long
- 10’ Long
- 15’ Long
Curved Track Sections:
- 4’ Long
- 6’ Long
- 8’ Long
- 10’ Long
Our extruded aluminum track is a heavy-duty commercial grade aluminum with a wide base, providing smooth and safe gait training. Solo-Step’s aluminum track sections are rated to hold patients up to 450 lbs. Straight and curved tracks can be combined to make a variety of useful shapes for your facility.
Straight Overhead Tracks
Solo-Step’s straight track is the simplest track option for your facility. It can be placed over a number of different pieces of equipment like shuttle boards, treadmills, cones, parallel bars, and more. Our straight track section allows your patients to move forward, backward, and use your existing equipment safely.
J or L-Shaped Tracks
Track systems like the J or L-shaped track sections consist of straight sections of track along with a curved section to allow a change of direction during therapy. J or L-shaped tracks allow you to:
- Place over more of your current equipment
- Easily move from one piece of equipment to another while staying attached to the system
- Change direction, or turn, during specific exercises
F or E-Shaped Tracks
The F or E-shaped tracks consist of a straight section of track along with two or more curved sections to allow for change of direction during therapy.
- Place over even more of your equipment
- Allows for more patients to use the system at once. (1 patient per section of track)
- Allows for change of direction, or turning, during exercises.
- Takes up less ceiling space in one section of your facility
Oval Overhead Tracks
Solo-Step’s oval track systems consist of a combination of curved tracks and straight tracks. Placing above multiple pieces of equipment allows you to easily and safely switch tasks during physical therapy.
- Crossover sections can be added to make better use of your facilities space
- Easily move from one piece of equipment to another
- Allows for change of direction during exercises
- Help more patients at one time (1 patient per section of track)
Single Point Fixation (SPF) Systems
Single point fixation systems consist of a single point fixation attached to your ceiling, connected to a lanyard and harness.
- Can be placed over many different pieces of equipment such as shuttle boards, BOSU balls, trampolines, parallel bars, and more
- Single point device, meaning patients will be in one spot during the exercise
- One patient can use the single point system at a time
- Placing in open space allows your patients to safely practice on foam pads, wobble boards, and more
The possibilities are endless when it comes to designing your Solo-Step safety overhead system. Our team can help guide you through the process of choosing a system that makes the most out of your facility space. To set your facility apart from your competition, while protecting your staff and patients from injury, contact us today!